On March 16, 2010, your four-student SO team will make brief oral poster presentations to individual SO judges as they circulate around the poster session room. Judges will engage the presenters with questions and discussion. Poster presentations and scoring will take place during two morning sessions at the state finals. To allow you to participate in other SO events, at least one team member must attend the first session (9:30 - 10:20 AM) and the second session (10:30 - 11:20 AM). However, all team members must attend either session 1 or session 2. In other words, if two team member attends session 1, then the other team members must attend session 2, or if three teams members attend session 1, the other team member must attend session 2. Team members may attend both sessions 1 and 2.
The purpose of your poster is to compliment and facilitate your presentations and conversations with the SO judges. The posters should be organized using the following major headings:
The judges will be interested in exploring the following questions with you:
- How well did your study design and methods test your hypothesis?
- How well did you follow the study design and methods described in your original proposal?
- If you made any changes, on what basis do you justify them?
- How did you analyze your data?
- What can your data tell you about your hypothesis?
- What can’t your data tell you about your hypothesis?
- What were the limitations of your study?
- If you were going to test your hypothesis again, how could you address those limitations?
You poster must be displayed on a standard size, 48 x 36 inch, tri-fold, white corrugated display board that is available at most office supply stores.